Working at Kimbriki
Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre is an innovative waste and recycling centre located at Terrey Hills on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Our aim is to be a centre of excellence for environmental services associated with the generation of waste and to provide education to the community.
Kimbriki’s shareholders are Northern Beaches Council (96%) and Mosman Council (4%). Kimbriki works with its community, shareholders, employees, partners and the waste industry to deliver and promote efficient services that reduce waste to landfill and increase resource recovery.
As a customer-focused organisation, our staff are committed to delivering essential waste and recycling services to the local community and businesses, and providing excellent customer service. Our reputation relies on this and we pride ourselves on employing quality people.
Current Positions Vacant:
Position Title: Centre Attendant
Position Number: KEEPD12
Grade: Operational Band Level 3
Reports to: Works Coordinator
Status: Permanent & Casual
Hours: 70 hours per fortnight on a rotating roster of four days on, three days off, three days on and four days off within a fortnight period. Required to work either Saturday or Sunday
The Centre Attendants main purpose is to provide high quality service in a professional, competent manner to all customers of the
Kimbriki Centre. We are looking for both permanent and casual Centre Attendants who can provide high quality service in a professional, competent manner to all customers of Kimbriki. Duties include identification & management of recycling & waste materials, traffic control, provision of information to customers in a courteous & polite manner, payment handling (cashless), operating a computerised weighbridge, buy back centre and landfill area duties. Kimbriki is open 7 days, 7am to 5pm. Staff work 70 hours per fortnight, 3 days one week and 4 days the next week, including either Saturday or Sunday
• Identify and manage all waste types – recyclables, landfill waste, unacceptable waste and hazardous waste as it presents
• Administer fees and charges to customers
• Provide information to customers in a courteous and polite manner, promoting the good image of Kimbriki
• Work effectively in a professional team environment
• Process payments and operate a computerised weighbridge system
• Perform duties within the landfill area including removal of recyclable materials
• Direct and where necessary control site traffic movements
• Maintain effective communication with all site staff and work in conjunction with site contractors
• Exercise Responsibility, Accountability and Authority as outlined in Kimbriki’s Safety, Environment and Quality Policy.
• Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision work independently when required
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Ability to perform general labouring duties including the removal of recyclables from landfill
• Ability to process payments including reconciliation at the end of day
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to manage variable workloads
• Current NSW drivers Licence
• Willingness to work various shifts as required
• Demonstrated knowledge of WHS, Environmental Due Diligence, EEO and ethical work practices
• Behaviour that positively demonstrates Kimbriki’s values of: respect, teamwork, integrity, excellence, and responsibility
• Traffic Control Licence
• Heavy Rigid Licence
• Knowledge of waste minimisation and waste management industry
• Experience with EFTPOS.
Total earnings $57k to $62k (includes base salary, site allowance & weekend penalty rate) + bonus + super
Casual – $27 per hour + 25% casual loading + site allowance + weekend penalties + super
How to Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com