Peninsula Toy Recyclers bring joy to children across Australia and around the world by giving a new lease of life to unused toys.
Peninsula Toy Repairs is on the move, relocating from Ingleside to The HUB at Kimbriki and getting prepared for the Toy Drop-off Day at Open Day at The HUB on Saturday 4th November 2023. The past few months have been busy organising and stocking The HUB premises while ensuring that donated toys find their way to those in need as quickly as possible, all while diverting them from landfill.
Since 1975, dozens of volunteers at Peninsula Toys have refurbished thousands of toys, games, dolls, and bicycles for reuse by various children’s charities in Australia and overseas. Recent donations overseas include:
- A container filled with ten large boxes of stuffed toys, ten boxes of early learning educational games, and 15 children’s bikes was sent to kindergartens and childcare facilities in Tonga.
- Two large boxes of small stuffed toys and over 100 small toy cars were shipped to Sri Lanka.
Other recipients picking up toys from Kimbriki include:
- Ann Charleston for a Pre School at the Bill Crews Exodus Foundation.
- Sandra Gillard from The Cubby House Toy Library.
- Lifeline picked up two large boxes of educational games and puzzles.
- Anne from St. Lucy’s hand-selected items for their organisation.
- Catholic Care visited to choose specific toys for some of their families in need.
- Two speech therapists from ‘Beyond Words’ carefully selected the ideal educational toys for their students .
- Champa Oweda, who sends toys to Sri Lanka.
- Pat Watson from ‘Operation Christmas Child’, who took toys to make up ‘Shoe Boxes’ for Samaritan’s Purse.
- The Adra Op Shop at Morisset, which collected a truckload of toys from Ingleside and Kimbriki.
HOW TO DONATE: If you’d like to contribute, you can drop off toys at the Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre’s Toy Repair Shed (pictured below). It’s located at Household Problem Waste (Drop-off Point 3) and is open from 7 am to 5 pm, seven days a week.
PRE-CHRISTMAS TOY DROP-OFF DAY: Join us for the Open Day at The HUB Kimbriki on Saturday, November 4, 2023, from 9 am to 2 pm. Bring your pre-loved and brand-new toys, books, puzzles, games, and sporting equipment (no bulky items). You can also experience Toy Workshop Tours throughout the day with the volunteer team and learn about the processes involved in restoring toys and where they are donated worldwide.